SGS Hails Its First Brand Protection Summit in Paris a Success
SGS, the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company, is celebrating the success of its inaugural Brand Protection Summit held in Paris on October 4, 2018.
Delegates from a broad range of industries, including luxury handbags, clothing, cosmetics, perfumes, smart phones, packaging, medical and electrical goods, attended the one-day event hosted by SGS in response to rise of counterfeiting and diversion of goods.
The SGS Brand Protection Summit included industry information from guest speakers, technical demonstrations, and one-on-one networking opportunities to learn more about the how to customize solutions. The summit helped industry professionals learn how to create a plan to combat piracy, secure brand reputation and integrity, tackle revenue loss and ensure consumer confidence.
Piotr Stryszowski, senior economist at the Public Governance Directorate of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), was a guest and key-note speaker. He shared OECD research on the economic impact of counterfeiting and piracy, and their effects on jobs, industry, economy and public health.
Other speakers included Franck Pandiani, SGS, Global Director Brand Protection Services and Kymberli Stewart, SGS, Global Sales Manager Brand Protection Services.
2018 SGS Brand Protection Summit, Paris
Franck Pandiani explained: "We are delighted with the success of our first Brand Protection Summit which provided an opportunity to showcase our work in this space. This was an opportunity to showcase a range of solutions SGS can offer to help brands secure their supply chain and decrease counterfeiting and diversion."
Its brand protection team offers services at all stages of the supply chain to ensure peace of mind throughout the production process and help organizations maintain product quality, reduce the risk of goods being distributed to unauthorized suppliers and strengthen consumer trust. SGS helps oversee complex supply chains which can create more opportunities for the infiltration of unauthorized items.
SGS Brand Protection Services
SGS brand protection services offer assistance at all stages of the supply chain to ensure peace of mind throughout the production process and help organizations maintain product quality, reduce the risk of goods being distributed to unauthorized suppliers and strengthen consumer trust. SGS helps oversee complex supply chains and provides an eco-system of solutions that utilizes the latest technology to give users access to real-time data on their products. Its services combat:
- Diversion – using the most current technology to identify inefficiencies and potential weak points in the supply chain helps to identify suppliers utilizing unauthorized distribution channels
- Unauthorized e-commerce – identifying unauthorized retailers and places where genuine goods can be replaced with counterfeit products
- Delayed transport – monitoring the transportation of products in real-time, accessed via visual dashboards, to help reduce delays in delivery
- Production of counterfeits – closely supervised monitoring of suppliers to prevent production of counterfeits
- Lack of traceability – using tracking technology, affixed to or embedded into individual products at the manufacturing stage allows every item to be tracked along the supply chain, giving complete visibility and offering insights to allow for quick, data-driven decisions
For further information, please contact:
Global Marketing Manager
t: +33 4 42 61 64 46