As a well-established customs services provider, SGS is developing strategies for niche markets. This latest expansion caters for the transporters of consumer products from China to Europe, which carry several "block trains" per week . When entering EU territory, train operators need a transit declaration for each container which will travel through the EU to its final destination.
Thanks to SGS TransitNet, rail clients can:
- Reuse the rail manifest to generate the transit for the train manifest
- Ensure that SGS and customs will process the transit – irrespective of the size of the guarantee
- Begin the transit at any time of the day or night from the EU borders by taking advantage of the SGS support team, which operates 24/7/365
- Ensure reduced transit times and cost
- Benefit from greater reliability and online monitoring of the transit declarations up to to final discharge
In addition, SGS TransitNet enables the client to monitor when a transit is closed.
SGS TransitNet offers clients a guarantee at customs and enables them to open a transit declaration from 16 countries across Europe, Serbia, Turkey and the Russian Customs Union to 37 destination countries.
TransitNet is an enhanced and electronic alternative to existing paper systems. It is the first and only solution that enables the transport and logistics industry to submit an electronic customs transit declaration, together with a financial guarantee covering their liability for customs debt.
Faster and cheaper than other road transit services, TransitNet avoids the need for individual operators to deposit transit guarantees either in favor of SGS client centers or customs. It provides customs with advanced information and conforms to requirements in the NCTS and EAEU territories, facilitating faster border crossing and rapid release for transit.
For further information, please contact:
Head of SGS Governments and Institutions, Germany
t: +49 40 30101-733
Jirka P. Groenendijk
SGS TransitNet Director
t: +41 22 739 94 91
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.