SEFA Approves Two SGS Furniture Testing Labs
SGS and the Scientific Equipment & Furniture Association (SEFA) have signed a partnership agreement, opening a new chapter in their relationship and for the laboratory furniture testing sector.
Two SGS laboratories are approved by the SEFA to conduct testing against all SEFA Standards, which aim to ensure that furniture fitted to labs (commercial and educational) is safe and of sufficient quality to fulfill its purpose and enable the safe conduct of experiments. SEFA standards include:
- SEFA 1-2010 – Fume Hoods
- SEFA 2-2010 – Installation
- SEFA 3-2010 – Work Surfaces
- SEFA 7-2010 – Fixtures
- SEFA 8-M-2016 – Laboratory Grade Metal Casework
- SEFA 8-PH-2016 – Laboratory Grade Phenolic Casework
- SEFA 8-PL-2016 – Laboratory Grade Plastic Laminate Casework
- SEFA 8-P-2014 – Laboratory Grade Polypropylene Casework
- SEFA 8-W-2016 – Laboratory Grade Wood Casework
- SEFA 9-2010 – Ductless Enclosures
- SEFA 10-2013 – Adaptable Casework Systems
- SEFA 11-2010 – Liquid Chemical Storage
Additionally, SGS has ASHREA 110 capacity for fume hood testing, another important standard for laboratory product testing.
Compared to domestic furniture, lab furniture is likely to be exposed to chemicals, water, electricity, gases and all kinds of tools and equipment. In addition to the need to be ergonomic and comfortable, lab furniture must also be functional, durable and corrosion resistant. All this means that lab furniture needs to be meet strict safety and quality requirements for its structure and materials.
SGS is also an established Deputy Agency. This means that in addition to conducting tests and submitting reports, SGS can also help clients to apply for SEFA membership.
For further information, please contact:
Donna Gu 顾东兰
Consumer and Retail
Operation Team & Product Certification team，Hardlines
t: +86 (0) 21 61402666 ext.2068
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.