SGS Observes Data Privacy Day
SGS observes Data Privacy Day every January 28, focusing on promoting proper and ethical use of data and data privacy.
The initiative started in January 2007 and is observed in Europe, United States and Canada, and led by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA). The international treaty aims to protect the privacy and security of data through awareness. Using different awareness activities, NCSA aims to help consumers and companies to use digital information responsibly.
SGS offers a number of certification services that help promote data privacy, including:
- ISO/IEC 27001 – Information Security Management
- Cloud Service Certification
- GDPR Digital Services – General Data Protection Regulation
- ISO 15408 – Information Technology -- Security techniques: Evaluation criteria for IT security
- ISO 22301 – Business Continuity Management Systems
- IEC 62443 – Industrial Network and System Security
- SAE J3061 – Automotive Cybersecurity Integrity Level
- eGRC – Enterprise Governance Risk and Compliance
- PCI DSS – Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
Edward Beesley, Global Head of Digital Services stated: "With the increasing cyber-risk and misuse of data, organizations must now act and participate in ensuring that data is being secured and properly used. It's time for businesses to invest in an information management system that fits their needs to avoid cyber-attacks and losing vital information."
For more information, please contact:
Senior Global Marketing Manager
t: +1 201 448 0377
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.