SGS Expands Reach with Two New ENEC Laboratories in China
SGS Fimko Ltd. acts as a Certification Body in the ENEC scheme.
Its network of ENEC approved Testing Laboratories has expanded to include SGS-CSTC Shenzhen Branch and Vkan CVC (Guangzhou) in China in addition to SGS Fimko Ltd.
The addition of two laboratories expands SGS’s ability to test batteries on top of luminaires, consumer electronics, household equipment, tools, power supply and installation accessories and switches.
ENEC is the high-quality European mark for electrical products that demonstrate compliance with European standards (EN). Testing takes place at independent ENEC approved laboratories around the world, with certification decisions being made by accredited Cerification Bodies. Once certified, products can bear the ENEC Mark.
SGS Fimko Ltd. has been operating in the ENEC scheme for many years as a Certification Body and approved Testing Laboratory. Now, two Chinese laboratories – SGS-CSTC Standards Technical Services Co., Ltd, Shenzhen Branch and Vkan CVC (Guangzhou) – have been approved and are operating under SGS Fimko Ltd.
By extending its ENEC laboratory network, SGS Fimko Ltd. can now offer ENEC certification and testing services for a wider range of products and components, including:
- Batteries: alkaline batteries (EN 62133 – new)
- Luminaires (EN 61347 series, EN 60598 series, EN 62776)
- Consumer electronics: Audio, Video and IT equipment (EN 60065, EN 60950) and EN 62368-1 (new)
- Household appliances and equipment
- Tools (EN 60745 series)
- Power supply and safety transformers (EN 61558 series), including new ones (switch mode power supply units (EN 61558-2-16) and power supplies for toys (EN 61558-2-7))
- Installation accessories, connection devices, switches, plugs:
- Various appliance couplers for household equipment (EN 60320 series) of which some new items (for instance appliance couplers)
- Cord sets (EN 60799 – new)
- Connecting devices for low-voltage circuits (EN 60998 series), including new standards (EN 60998-2-3)
- Switches (EN 61058 series), including cord switches (new)
- Capacitors (EN 60252, EN 60384)
For further information, please contact:
SGS Fimko Ltd.
t: +358 9 6963475
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 90,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,000 offices and laboratories around the world.