This followed SGS United Kingdom Ltd receiving its formal accreditation from UKAS, against EN ISO/IEC 17065:2012 Conformity assessment -- Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services.
SGS provides a wide range of services for the testing and certification of PPE and workwear. Its approval as a NB represents an expansion to its range of certification services in the UK, it is already accredited to the existing PPE Directive – Directive 89/686/EEC.
With approval as a NB, SGS can provide certification on:
- Buoyancy aid
- Foot, leg and anti-slip protection
- General body protection (clothing)
- Hand and arm protection
- Hand and arm protection against chemical agents
- Head protection
- Hearing protection
- Protection against cold [> -50°C]
- Protection against cold [cold > -50°C], [extreme cold < -50°C]
- Protection against extreme cold [ < -50 °C]
- Protection against heat [> 100°C and fire and flame]
- Protection against heat [heat < 100°C], [heat > 100°C and fire]
- Respiratory system protection
Protective equipment against:
- Bullet wounds or knife stabs
- Electric shock
- Electrical and magnetic fields and waves
- Falls from heights
- Harmful biological agents
- Ionizing radiation
- Mechanical risks
- Non-ionizing radiation
Specialized areas of competence:
- Firefighting suits
- High visibility clothing
- Protective clothing for motorcycle rides
- Protective equipment for diving
SGS offers its customers continuity of service, ensuring existing products remain compliant and helping to certify new products ahead the changeover deadline. SGS remains the one-stop-shop for testing and certifying head-to-toe protective equipment, both for industrial and leisure activities.
Economic operators need to be aware that existing products must be certified to the new regulation by April 21, 2019. New products must meet the new regulation as of April 21, 2018.
SGS PPE Services
Our global network of over 40 accredited laboratories provide a one-stop simple solution for PPE compliance. Our state-of-the-art testing laboratories offer a comprehensive range of physical, chemical and functional testing services for components, materials and finished products. We can also assist with compiling technical files and coordinate with Notified Bodies for application of EU-type examination. Learn more about SGS’s PPE Services >>
For more information:
PPE Certification Manager
t: +44 (0) 1934 522917 - Option 4
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 90,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,000 offices and laboratories around the world.