SGS Approved to Conduct Toy Safety Certification in Vietnam
SGS is pleased to announce that it has been approved by Vietnam’s Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) to offer certification services for toys, in accordance with National Technical Regulation on Safety of Toys QCVN 3: 2009/BKHCN.
This accreditation means that SGS’s ISO 17025 accredited laboratory in Ho Chi Minh City can now conduct toy safety testing for products destined for sale and distribution in Vietnam, in addition to its existing capabilities to test toys destined for the United States and European Union markets.
Taking Toy Safety Seriously
Circular No. 18/2009/TT-BKHCN, dated June 26, 2009, and effective since April 15, 2010, requires toys which are made in Vietnam and those imported into the country for the domestic market to have conformity certification, a conformity declaration and a certificate of registration (CR) mark, demonstrating compliance to the requirements of the National Technical Regulation on Safety of Toys QCVN 3: 2009/BKHCN.
SGS in Vietnam can test toys against the full range of technical requirements, including:
- Safety requirements:
- Physical safety:
- TCVN 6238-1: 2008 (ISO 8124-1: 2000) Safety aspects related to mechanical and physical properties
- TCVN 6238-2: 2008 (ISO 8124-2: 2007) Flammability
- Chemical safety:
- TCVN 6238-3: 2008 (ISO 8124-3: 1997) Migration of certain elements
- Toxic organic compounds: pH, Formaldehyde, Azo Dye and the others
- Electrical toy safety: besides the physical, flammability and chemical requirements, the nominal voltage of electrical toys must not exceed 24V
- Physical safety:
- Labeling requirement:
- National requirement of regulation about labeling (89/2006/NĐ-CP) – product labels must display warning marks in accordance with the regulations of all corresponding standards
SGS Toy Safety Testing Services
SGS offers a one-stop solution to all your toy needs, so that you can be sure your toys comply with relevant regulations and quality standards, such as the EU toy directive and the US Consumer Product Safety Act (CPSIA) amongst others. SGS toy safety services aims to assure toy safety and offers a comprehensive program including:
- Support for new product development
- Update and interpretation of legal requirements
- Safety/risk assessment
- Product and materials testing
- Factory and social audits
For further information please contact:
t: +84 8 3816 0999 (Ext 143)
t: +84 8 38160999 (Ext 106)
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 90,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,000 offices and laboratories around the world.