SGS Laboratories in France Serving the Consumer Goods and Retail Industry
In the latest of our series of lab focus articles we explore SGS’s facilities for consumer goods testing in France.
SGS’s started delivering consumer goods services in France following the acquisition of Cervac, and now has more than 30 years experience in this industry. Since June 2016 SGS France has consolidated its activities for the consumer goods and retail industry in one location, to achieve service excellence and ensure more synergies for clients.
Testing services at Aix en Provence cover the following consumer products categories:
- Toys and juvenile products
- Home improvement and household products
- Lighting, domestic appliances, power and garden tools
- Medical devices
- Testing: regulatory testing, research and development (R&D) on components, performance testing, benchmarking, risk analysis
- Seminars and training
This facility incorporates test labs covering an area of about 3,000m2, its accreditation's and approvals include:
- ISO/IEC 17025 accredited by COFRAC for toys, juvenile products, furniture, electrical and electronics, textile, and medical devices
- Laboratory approved by DGCCRF (French authorities)
- Notified Body for EU Toys
- Agreement of French Ministry of Industry to deliver type examination on child care articles (French decree 91-1292)
- Third Party Laboratory from CPSC for CPSIA testing
- Certification Body for medical devices, household appliances and lighting – expected early 2017
Chemical testing for consumer goods is conducted in our Rouen laboratory using state-of-the-art instrumentation including ICP, GC MS, UV, and others.
For more information, please contact SGS France:
135 rue René Descartes
13594 Aix en Provence Cedex 3
t: +33 4 42 97 72 30