New Import Verification Program Implemented in Cameroon
In accordance with the Ministerial Decree N°000625/ MINFI / CAB of November 30, 2016, a new import verification program has been implemented in Cameroon, replacing the existing pre-shipment inspection program.
Under the new program, the pre-shipment physical inspection performed at the country of origin or supply is replaced by a non intrusive scanner inspection upon arrival of the goods to Cameroon.
The new program includes the customs valuation and tariff classification of all goods with a Free On Board (FOB) value higher than, or equal to, two million XAF.
The start of operations begun on December 15, 2016.
The transition guidelines are as follows:
- Any cargo shipped from December 15, 2016 (date of BL-shipment) is subject to the new program, replacing pre-shipment physical inspection by scanner destination inspection (except for new vehicles that will undergo physical inspection upon arrival). Valuation and classification remains unchangeable. The Rapport sur la Valeur et le classement tarifaire (RVC) certificate will be issued under the new program, replacing the Attestation de Verification (AVI)
- Any cargo already inspected at origin, but shipped before or after December 15, 2016, is to be handled under the existing PSI program with the issuance of the AVI
Import Declaration (ID) and the Rapport sur la Valeur et le Classement tarifaire (RVC)
The guidlines for issuing ID and RVC are as follows:
- From December 15, 2016, all ID (inspection orders) opened will follow the new procedure, and the Valuation and Classification Report (RVC) will be issued upon receipt of the final documents from the seller
- The seller will submit the final documents to the following email address: RTCEurope@sgs.com
- Failure of the seller to submit the final documents gives SGS the right to issue a discrepancy report
The launch of the new program in Cameroon implies the dematerialization of the procedures to obtain the ID and RVC. The Import declaration is to be transmitted to Guichet Unique platform and both documents (ID and RVC) will be available on the same platform.
The verification fee (0.95% of the declared FOB value) is to be paid when requesting the Import Declaration by bank transfer.
The new import verification program remains under the supervision of the Ministry of Finance and provides information on classification and dutiable value. This is different to the Pre-shipment Evaluation of Conformity (PECAE), which assesses the quality of imported goods versus the local or international standards and supervised by the Agency of Standard (ANOR) on behalf of the Ministry of Industry, Mines and Technological Development.
For more information please contact:
Price Classification Investigation/ Front Office Manager
t: +237 233 43 09 57/59
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 85,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,800 offices and laboratories around the world.