Introducing SGS in Hong Kong
Employees: 36 (dedicated to food testing)
Laboratory space: 4,300 sq. ft.
Location: Hong Kong
Offering a broad range of food testing services, SGS’s Hong Kong food laboratory can cater for produce and products including:
- Breads and pastries
- Chocolates and confectionery
- Convenience goods
- Fats and oils
- Frozen foods
- Fruits and vegetables
- Herbs and spices
- Meat and poultry
- Preserved food
Equipped with state of the art equipment and staffed by experienced and knowledgeable scientists and technicians, this facility delivers a full and diverse range of testing services for food and food products. These include:
- GMO screening, identification and quantification
- Nutritional testing and vitamins
- Microbiological testing – indicators, pathogens and spoilage organisms such as E. coli, Salmonella, Listeria etc.
- Food chemical analysis like artificial colors, food additives, preservatives and sweeteners
- Norovirus identification by polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
- Physical and sensory testing
- Shelf life studies
- Food contaminant testing:
- Pesticide residues
- Heavy metals
- Antibiotic residues
In addition, SGS Hong Kong adds value by offering a range of complementary services including auditing, certification training and technical services.
ISO 17025 and Macau Productivity and Technology Transfer Centre (CPTTM) accredited for food and drug testing, SGS’s Hong Kong laboratory is also accredited by the Hong Kong Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (HOKLAS) and the Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle GmbH (DAkkS), for food and food container testing.
Experience and Expertise
With extensive experience and expertise, our lab in Hong Kong can support food and food product clients on the widest range of projects, offering high technical capability, fast turnaround times and competitive prices.
For further information, please contact:
Head Food Department
SGS Hong Kong
t: +852 2765 3635