50 Years of Successful Relationships with Governments and Institutions Worldwide
SGS is proud to announce its 50th anniversary of service to governments and international institutions.
SGS’s relationship with public sector organizations started in 1965, when it began working with governments, introducing programs to stop over-invoicing of goods in order to prevent capital flight and illicit transfer of profits. In the mid-eighties SGS expanded its role, supporting customs authorities in combating undervaluation, which had a direct impact on revenue collection.
Later, as new technologies were introduced, trade volumes increased and traffic patterns changed, SGS responded with new solutions – notably in the fields of customs valuation, risk management, scanning services and the development of a Single Window environment – in addition to traditional customs services.
Over time, SGS has broadened its relationships with public organizations and expanded the range of services it provides for them. SGS now cooperates with international institutions, such as the World Bank and various NGOs, as well as with governments.
Today, SGS’s portfolio of services for the public sector includes:
- Security services – non-intrusive testing with container for customs and security
- Product conformity assessments
- Inland and border taxation services
- Services to aid the development of trade and industry, such as project management, quality control, and health, safety and environment management
- Natural resources services, including forest monitoring services
- Economic, social and environmental sustainability services
- NGO monitoring
- An integrated government e-services platform (eGOV)
- Telecom services (SGS Layer 4®)
- A health management system (E-Health)
- Cross-border services – advance cargo information, valuation, transit monitoring and compliance to national and international regulations
- Tracking services (SGS Omnis®)
- An e-waste management solution (SGS Renovo®)
SGS continuously focuses on innovation to create better value for public sector institutions. Its innovation team works closely with customers and suppliers to grow knowledge and expertise. This collaboration allows SGS to constantly evaluate and implement new services in response to emerging trends.
For further information, please contact:
Marketing Manager Governments and Institutions Services
1, place des Alpes
CH - 1201 Geneva
t: +41 22 739 9111