Updates on the Revision of the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Standards
It is now less than nine months until the publication of the revised versions of the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
Before the final publication of the revised standards, these go through the Final Draft International Standard (FDIS) stage. This is the approval stage for both documents where the remarks/texts, figures and lay-out are examined, for formatting and editing.
As per latest update:
- It is expected that FDIS 9001 is likely to be issued by early July 2015. It is anticipated that whilst there will be some re-wording and restructuring of the DIS 9001 text, there is unlikely to be any significant changes in requirements
- It is anticipated that FDIS 14001 is likely to be issued towards the end of July 2015
- The language used in the revised versions of ISO 9001/14001 will be closer to that used by businesses and to the context in which they operate
We will keep you updated on further developments such as the publication of the complimentary ISO/DIS 9001 white paper.
For now, we would like to share SGS publications to help you prepare for the revised standards:
- ISO 9001:2015 Transition Toolkit (PDF 183 KB)
- ISO 9001:2015 Revision
- Webinar: Introduction to ISO/DIS 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015 Transition Toolkit (PDF 318 KB)
- ISO 14001:2015 Revision
- Webinar: ISO 14001 Revision Introduction to ISO/DIS 14001
- Webinar: Annex SL Introduction
For more information, please contact:
Global Interactive Marketing Manager
t: +63 2 848 0777 loc. 8772
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.