SGS, a global leader in mechanical integrity solutions, specialized non-destructive testing (NDT) services, and metallurgy and corrosion testing, will be attending the 2015 American Petroleum Institute (API) Inspection Summit, which takes place at the Galveston Island Convention Center, Galveston, Texas, from January 26-29.
SGS will showcase its asset integrity, supply chain and materials testing (metallurgic analysis) services. The API Inspection Summit focuses on asset integrity through corrosion management, inspection and engineering technology as applicable to the petroleum industry. It is organized by the API, the only national trade association representing all aspects of America’s oil and natural gas industry, with more than 600 corporate members. SGS is a regular attendee.
Visit us at booth 514 to learn more about our upstream, midstream and supply chain services (PDF 445 KB) and how you can benefit from our specialized inspection methodologies and premier data management.
SGS experts on hand will include:
- Matt Petterson (pipeline services)
- Lanny Larson (supply chain services)
- David Scott, Darcy Jensen and Robert Nichols (asset integrity)
On Thursday, January 29 at 9:15 (Session 57), SGS Industrial Services Manager M. Aqeel will be holding a presentation: “Learning How to Avoid Expensive Shutdowns with Non-Intrusive Inspections”. The presentation will cover:
- How plant owners and operators can keep their assets fit for purpose, while ensuring maximum availability with reduced turnaround
- Advantages and disadvantages of traditional approaches to inspection
- Shutdown challenges and optimization
- Codes and industries recognition for on-stream inspection
- Selection criteria for on‐stream non-intrusive inspection
- Using RBI for the preparation of a non-intrusive inspection plan
- Advancement in inspection technologies
- Overview of the application of a few advanced inspection techniques application for non-intrusive inspection
- Advantages of non-intrusive inspection over traditional offline inspection
About SGS Pipeline Integrity Services and Services Related to Suppliers
SGS Pipeline Integrity Services provide in-trench evaluation of pipeline anomalies, in support of in-line inspection programs performed by pipeline operators. We use non-destructive examination (NDE) to ensure that all problems are identified, while unnecessary repairs are avoided. As a world-leading provider of services related to suppliers, we offer industry-specific experts to ensure your vendors and suppliers meet quality and regulatory requirements, anywhere in the world.
For more information, please contact:
SGS North America Inc.
900 Georgia Avenue
Deer Park, TX 77536
t: +1 281 478 8234
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.