SGS Holds Complimentary Technical Session on Pipeline Integrity Assessment
Pipeline operators need to provide continuous, safe and reliable delivery of oil and gas products to their customers, without adverse effect on employees, the public and environment. As a result, SGS designed a complimentary three-hour technical awareness session for pipeline integrity management which was held on November 27 at the Royal Rodale Club in Pakistan.
The session drew upon the company’s extensive experience in providing Pipeline Integrity Management Services (PIMS), which embody an error-free, leak-free, spill-free and incident-free continuous operation of a pipeline system, with no ill-effect on health, safety, environment and the economy. The session was strategically designed to help clients explore a proactive approach that will enable them to maximize production, reduce lost income due to unplanned shutdown, optimize inspection and maintenance costs, maximize asset value and maintain an auditable pipeline system.
Topics covered included:
- An introduction to pipeline integrity management
- Achieving production targets, asset preservation and compliance of company policies
- How to improve reliability and deliverability to ensure continuous and safe operation
- How to avoid unnecessary repairs and operation intervention through effective inspection plans/intervals
- Environmental protection, public safety, public liability, property damage and public image, including investor relations
- Possible solutions to lost revenue and product by operation intervention
- Prioritization of repairs and fund management
- High Consequence Area (HCA) segments identification and risk determination
- Meeting regulatory requirements
SGS will hold regular sessions in order to create a forum in which business professionals can meet each other and discuss the issues facing the industry and current solutions.
SGS Pipeline Integrity Services
SGS Pipeline Integrity Services support pipeline operators’ in-line inspection programs by providing in-trench evaluation of pipeline anomalies. SGS provides accurate identification of anomalies using non-destructive examination (NDE). Unlike other NDE providers that also perform pipeline work, SGS is a pipeline inspection company that provides high quality NDE, with technicians trained in pipeline specific techniques and field conditions.
For further information please contact:
S. Maheen Ishaq Khaqan
Senior Executive Officer
SGS Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd. – Industrial Division
H-3/3, Sector 5 Korangi
Industrial Area Karachi
t: +92 21 35121388-97, ext: 423
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.