SGS experts will fulfill the client’s official safety co-ordination roles for one of the world’s largest refiners and marketers of petroleum products, on two projects at a refinery in North West Italy.
Initially, the company will support a vacuum plant system (VPS) modification program. Later in the year, in September, SGS will oversee health and safety during a maintenance turnaround (MTA) project to refurbish the whole refinery.
On the client’s behalf SGS will oversee aspects of health and safety management in accordance with:
- D.lgs 81/08 e s.m.i. “Testo unico sulla salute e sicurezza sul lavoro”
- DPR 177/11 “Regolamento recante norme per la qualificazione delle imprese e dei lavoratori autonomi operanti in ambienti sospetti di inquinamento o Confinati”
For the duration of this project, SGS will supply the refinery with a combination of experts, up to a total of 15, to deliver services including:
- Health & Safety coordination in the design and execution phase for the MTA period
- Health & Safety supervision in the execution phase of the VPS project
- Industrial rescue service during the MTA (maintenance shutdown) period
- Preliminary training/induction of subcontractors (both for VPS project and for MTA). We have delivered (and carry on delivering) these services in both refineries and operating company headquarters
- Health & Safety promotion activities, preparation and management of instruments
- Specific activities for confined spaces:
- Preliminary industrial hygiene (IH) studies for configuration of confined spaces and plan of activities inside such kind of specific vessel/equipment
- Assume the official role of delegate of the client for confined spaces
- Health & Safety specialist support to client’s technician (inspector) for activities on ropes
SGS was awarded this contract on the strength of previous performance for this client and works extensively in this sector.
"At SGS we pride ourselves on the quality and reliability of our health and safety services. Our expertise and experience in this sector means we are well-placed to protect our client and their workforce from workplace risks,” said Roberto Giorgi, Head of Health & Safety Service, SGS Italy.
SGS’s During Construction Services
On construction and maintenance sites health and safety is one of the cornerstones of a safe and successful business. To ensure that your construction/maintenance project is completed successfully, professional Health & Safety coordination and supervision is vital. SGS services during construction help you to reduce risks. SGS also ensures that effective construction/maintenance health and safety systems are in place to protect employees and third party workers as well as to generate customer confidence and enhance clients’ business reputation.
For further information, please contact:
SGS Industrial Services
Head of H&S services
t: +39 0586 852591
Sales Manager H&S services
t: +39 0586 852591
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.