SGS Indonesia - Launch of New Service to Manage Workplace Occupational Health
Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) is a major consideration for successful businesses – the welfare and safety of your staff must be of paramount importance because, as the adage states, people are your most important asset.
SGS Indonesia has been offering Workplace Safety Management Services and several organisations have successfully implemented effective safety management solutions. Several companies are now looking at solutions to assess and improve the health of their people.
The magnitude of work related diseases like CVD (Cardio Vascular Diseases) and CTD (Cumulative Trauma Disorders) is growing. The magnitude of these health problems due to work related diseases creates exposure of non-compliance for an organisation, as well as direct and indirect financial impact.
Health is important:
- What are the key health issues affecting employees?
- Which factors at the workplace influence employee health?
- What are the employees' health and safety concerns?
- Which strategies are most appropriate to address these health issues?
To support our clients in Indonesia, SGS has now introduced a “WORKPLACE HEALTH MANAGEMENT” service. This service includes:
- Workplace Health Assessment
- Intervention through training, coaching and workshops
- Evaluation and Reporting
Workplace Health Assessment is done to:
- Gain understanding of factors that influence the health and well-being of employees and may help to facilitate understanding the potential barriers to implement workplace health programmes;
- Conduct health risk assessments in the workplace;
- Conduct specific tasks, such as an employee health survey, an environmental assessment, or collecting other health-related data; gaining input and feedback from employees, managers, and leaders.
Based on the outcome of the workplace health assessment, training, socialisation, health promotion campaigns or capacity building programmes can be implemented to cover:
- Alcohol and Substance Misuse
- Physical Activity
- Stress and Fatigue Management
- CVD (Cardio Vascular Diseases)
- Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorders & Ergonomics
- Industrial Hygiene
This service is delivered by SGS experts and doctors with years of experience in improving workplace health conditions.