SGS Appointed for Product Conformity Assessment Services in Rwanda
In line with all other state members of the East African community, the Rwanda Bureau of Standards (RBS) has introduced an Import Product Conformity Assessment (IPCA) program, starting 8th May 2014. SGS has been appointed by the Rwandan Bureau of Standards to provide the conformity assessment of import products with Rwandan Standards or approved International Standards.
The objectives of the service are as follows:
- Ensure the quality of products as well as the health, safety and environmental protection of Rwandan consumers.
- Protect the public against substandard products that can endanger public health, safety and the environment
- Prohibit the entry of expired and counterfeit products.
- Protect local manufacturers against unfair competition from imported products which do not comply to local Standards
- Establish a quality import inspection regime that is in harmony with that of member states of the East African Community
Interventions and activities
Depending on the certification route, SGS can help exporters tp meet Rwandan IPCA requirements by providing one, or a combination of, the following services:
- Physical inspection prior to shipment
- Sampling, testing and analysis in accredited laboratories
- Audits of product manufacturing processes
- Documentary checking and assessment of conformity with the requirements of all applicable standards
- Issuance of a Certificate of Conformity
For more information, please contact:
SGS Rwanda Liaison Office
Ground Floor of Ruterana House
Plot No 1236
Boulevard de l’Umuganda, Kacyru Sud
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,6500 offices and laboratories around the world.