Hot Source: Gluten-Free Management, Energy Drinks, Meat Supply Chain & More
Effective employee training leads to improved food safety culture. In this issue of Hot Source, we review key messages from the Global Food Safety Training Survey 2013.
Supporting the increasing globalisation of the food industry, the British Retail Consortium (BRC) has recently published it Agents and Brokers Standard. We explore the new standard, it opportunities and requirements.
The definition of sustainability within industry is broad. From effective water management and the new European Water Stewardship (EWS) standard to product recalls, which increased 5% in 2013, we look at two environmental and commercial issues that can impact the sustainability and longer-term prospects of your business.
In food safety, gluten-free products are increasing in prominence and increasing awareness among consumers means labelling has to be reliable. Gluten-free certification is now available, supporting the needs of those suffering from Coeliac Disease.
Popular among consumers, especially young people, energy drinks have proliferated in recent years. In this issue Hot Source examines the restrictions, issues and benefits facing the industry.
Transparency in the food supply chain is essential to build and maintain consumer trust, especially within the meat supply chain. From breeding to packaging and delivery, we examine the processes and potential avenues to improvement.
In this issue, you can also read the results of the SGS Allergen Management survey.
Download our newsletter (PDF 1.83 MB) or read our online articles:
- EWS standard and certification
- Improving the meat supply chain, from farm to retailer
- Energy drinks – restrictions, issues and benefits
- Food recalls increase 5% in 2013
- SGS opens new food laboratory in us
- Gluten-free: effective risk management
- BRC global standard for agents and brokers
- Global food safety training survey 2013: effective employee training improves a food safety culture
- SGS, Walmart, Cargill & University of Nebraska show thought leadership in allergen management
- Hot Source reader survey
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.