SGS Seminar on "The Best Way to Implement ISO 50001 in an Organisation", Held at Jakarta
Why ISO 50001
Energy conservation technology, facilities or equipment are only part of the approach to improve energy efficiency. Most energy efficiency in an organization is achieved through the way energy is managed in an facility, rather than only installation of new technologies.
ISO 50001:2011 Energy Management Systems (EnMS) Certification is a standard that enables the organization to demonstrate their commitment to efficiently manage energy across all your activities. It helps the organization to improve energy performance including energy efficiency and provide stakeholders confidence.
Enforcement of Energy Awareness in Indonesia
The Government of Indonesia through Decree of Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources No. 14/2012 on Energy Management stipulated on 29 May 2012 mentions that:
- It is mandatory for high energy consumer (>=6000 TOE/year) to implement energy management
- Energy management consist of appointment of Energy Manager, establishing energy conservation program, conduct regular energy audit, follow up the result of energy audit and report it to the related Government authorities.
- Provides technical guidelines on energy saving and Government will provide incentive and disincentive program for energy efficiency and conservation implementation by high energy customer.
Valud Added Services by SGS Indonesia
Since the issuance of ISO 50001 in the year 2011, SGS Indonesia has supported and created awareness of this standard in the local market through several approaches. One of such value added services for SGS clients in Indonesia was the seminar organised in Jakarta on 28th February 2014 on ISO 50001: “The best way to implement ISO 50001 in an organization".
This seminar was intended to provide awareness to the leading companies in Indonesia on the importance of energy management and the best approach to implement ISO 50001 in an organization. This seminar was attended by more than 80 participants from various industries like mining, food, Oil and Gas, etc. The seminar was delivered by Mr. Endang Hadi, SGS Indonesia Product Manager - Energy Management Services. The seminar was well received by all the participants who appreciated the learning from the seminar. The overall feedback from the participants was that the seminar was well structured, very informative, they learnt something that they were not previously aware of, they appreciate that SGS adds value to them through such seminars, etc. This seminar was a step towards encouraging the leading companies in Indonesia to implement ISO 50001:2011 in the interest of their organisation.
During the seminar, the following was presented:
- The Energy regulation in Indonesia
- The importance of energy conservation
- Why Energy management system
- The approach of Energy audit and Energy Management system
- The Journey of Energy Management system and the initiatives
- Overview of ISO 50001
- ISO 50001 Certification Process
SGS is an Accredited Certification Body for ISO 50001 Energy Management System. SGS offers Certification, Performance Assessments and Training solutions to our clients on ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems. SGS offers a range of training courses on ISO 50001 Energy Management System: Awareness Training, Implementation Training, Internal Auditor Training and IRCA accredited Lead Auditor Course.