Selling Apparel and Footwear in China: Regulatory and Quality Requirements Seminar
SGS Softlines Global Roadshow 2013 - HK, Germany, UK & US
With sustained economic growth in China, many brands and retailers are aggressively focusing on the China retail market. This market has a huge potential for textile and footwear retail growth. What are the basic requirements for complying with the China textile and footwear regulations?
This seminar will help you to understand the regulatory challenges of the China retail market. Solutions and advice will be provided to assist you in ensuring that your textile and footwear products meet the regulatory and quality requirements (including GB 18401, GB 20400, etc.) for the China market.
- Latest objectives and analysis of the government supervised spot-checks in the Chinese apparel and footwear market
- Main supervisory regulations in the China textile and apparel market
- Detailed analysis of the current mandatory Chinese technical code for apparel products and footwear products
- Practical tips on market access into China for apparel and footwear products
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
- Dr. Jane Jiang is the Technical Director of SGS Global Softlines Services. With the rapid development of textile manufacturing and retailing in China, Jane is taking lead in consultancy projects and conducts seminars to explain China and other international standards and regulations.
- Dr. Jiang’s career includes teaching textile chemistry in several Chinese universities, being an active member of the AATCC technical committee, AATCC appointed instructor, SDC appointed tutor, member of SDC technical committee, member of China textile and environment committee. As an active expert and writer, Dr. Jane Jiang has participated in the drafting and development of many standards relating to the textile and footwear industry in China, such as GB 18401-National general safety technical code for textile products, The safety technical code for infants and children textile products, Current technical criterion for sportswear and exposure suit, Leather and fur-Chemical tests-Determination of Chromium VI content and Leather and fur-Chemical tests-Determination of pentachlorophenol content etc. Dr. Jiang has published dozens of papers in various professional journals and magazines and is a co-owner of several patents.
Date: 25th September 2013 (Wednesday)
Time: 2:30pm - 5:30pm
Venue: SGS Hong Kong Limited, Training Centre: 1/F, On Wui Centre,
25 Lok Yip Road, Fanling, N.T., Hong Kong
Language: Mandarin/ English
Germany – Munich
(In Collaboration with DTB)
Date: 21st October 2013 (Monday)
Time: 1:15pm - 3:00pm
Venue: Innside Hotel München neue Messe, Humboldtstraße 12,
85609 Aschheim, Germany
UK - London
Date: 4th November 2013 (Monday)
Time: 10:00am -1:00pm(Full), 2:00pm-5:00pm
Venue: SGS United Kingdom Limited, Saunders House, 52-53 The Mall, Ealing, London
W5 3TA United Kingdom
UK – Bradford
Date: 6th November 2013 (Wednesday)
Time: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Venue: SGS Consumer Testing Services - Softlines, Units 41 & 43, The Listerhills Park of Science
and Commerce, Campus Road, Bradford BD7 1HR United Kingdom
US – New York
Date: 3rd December 2013 (Tuesday)
Time: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Venue: Hippodrome, 1120 Avenue of the Americas, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10036, United States
US – Los Angeles
Date: 5th December 2013 (Thursday)
Time: 1:00pm - 4:30pm
Venue: Volcom Inc, 1740 Monrovia Ave.Costa Mesa, Ca., United States
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 75,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,500 offices and laboratories around the world.