SGS is pleased to announce that it will be moving to a new laboratory in Kalgoorlie, Australia in Q3 2013. The facility has been strategically relocated to offer minerals analytical and construction materials testing services in significantly upgraded facilities.
The new 1630m2 laboratory is designed to incorporate SGS’s new efficient sample processing protocol for sample preparation and fire assay. With state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, SGS can offer greater efficiency and faster speed-to-market to its clients.
The Kalgoorlie facility will incorporate a full range of the latest testing, inspection and verification services to cover clients’ project needs including:
- Full sample preparation services for soils, rocks and drillcore
- Fire assay with final measurement by flame atomic absorption spectrometry and/or microwave plasma atomic emission spectrometry
- Accelerated cyanide leach analyses with flame atomic absorption spectrometry for gold
- Construction materials testing, including:
- Field density testing
- Compaction testing
- Soils classification testing
- Concrete sampling and testing
- Aggregate sampling and testing
- Geotechnical engineering
- Gateway to SGS’s global network of analytical, metallurgical and environmental testing facilities
The facility will strategically support the growing needs of exploration companies in the region and complement SGS’s unmatched network of over 150 commercial, on-site, prep and MSPU geochemical laboratories, 12 metallurgical facilities, 5 mineralogy facilities, over 120 energy minerals labs, over 30 fertilizer labs and over 70 trade offices.
Around the world, SGS offers a wide range of services to the minerals sector including geochemical analysis, resource calculation, mineralogy, metallurgy, advanced systems, water treatment and trade services. For further information regarding these and other SGS services, please visit SGS Mining.
For more information, please contact:
CMT Base Laboratory Business Manager
SGS Australia Pty Ltd.
5 Yelland Way
Bassendean, Western Australia, Australia, 6054
t: +61 8 9378 0100
General Manager Geochem, Minerals Trade
SGS Australia Pty Ltd.
10 Reid Road
Newburn, Western Australia, Australia, 6105
t: +61 8 9373 3698