Hot Source Issue 1 - Expert Insights into Safe, Sustainable and High-Quality Food
Welcome to Hot Source, the new food industry newsletter that provides you with the latest supply chain news. Written and researched by industry experts, our editorial will keep you up to date with regulatory news, emerging markets, industry developments and case studies focusing on food quality, safety and sustainability.
From testing and selecting the best crops, partnering with the best manufacturers and processors, transporting products safely and selling to consumers, Hot Source covers the issues you should be aware of. In this first issue we look at the regulatory requirements and updates to FSSC 22000, the US Food Safety Modernisation Act and HACCP Re-validation. We also cover the issues surrounding both viruses and arsenic in food, and review India’s developing food safety standards, as well as its potential for food sourcing and retailing.
Globalisation means opportunities for the food value chain to grow and expand its reach into new markets. Draw on our international market experience, expertise and in-depth industry understanding to help grow your business.
To download Hot Source click here (PDF 1.46 MB) or on the following articles:
- Species Identification: DNA Meat Testing to Secure the Supply Chain (PDF 35.6 KB)
- Food Safety Focus on India: A Growing Market (PDF 44.9 KB)
- FSSC 22000: Now Incorporates Food Packaging (PDF 281 KB)
- Process and Product Changes Require HACCP Re-Validation (PDF 114 KB)
- Update on the US Food Safety Modernisation Act (PDF 26.9 KB)
- Foodborne Viral Infections: Prevention Is Better Than Cure (PDF 40.6 KB)
- Arsenic in Food (PDF 37 KB)
- Our white papers (PDF 308 KB)
- SGS Food events (PDF 34.1 KB)
- Safeguards (PDF 54.5 KB)
For further information, please contact:
SGS Agriculture and Food Team
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 75,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,500 offices and laboratories around the world.