SGS is pleased to announce the completion of a major, multi-million dollar expansion of our mineral processing testwork capabilities in Australia. Existing facilities have been significantly upgraded and a new mineral processing laboratory complex is now operational adjacent to our current location in Perth, Western Australia, Australia. SGS is the pre-eminent provider of commercial hydrometallurgical testing in Australia.
This expansion will allow SGS to leverage the strong base of metallurgical expertise already in place in our Perth facility and will enable us to provide the same high quality services for mineral processing projects in areas such as comminution, flotation, magnetic & gravity separation, filtration, thickening and iron ore characterisation.
The expansion involved the installation of additional equipment at our existing location as well as the development of a new laboratory and office complex incorporating:
- A continuous three stage crushing plant with a capacity of approx. 3 tonnes per hour.
- A 20 m fully instrumented iron ore drop-tower.
- A continuous pilot comminution and flotation plant including conventional, flash and column flotation.
- Pilot hi-rate and paste thickening.
- Pilot filtration equipment.
- Pilot wet magnetic separation equipment (LIMS, REMS, WHIMS and Slon).
- Modern spiral and hydrocyclone testing rigs plus ancillary gravity concentration equipment.
- Advanced Mineralogy Facility (QEMSCAN and optical microscopy).
- Enhanced and streamlined in-house analytical laboratory.
- A state-of-the-art video conferencing suite for remote project meetings, enabling unprecedented coordination between SGS and client teams.
Over the past 70 years SGS has developed and tested metallurgical processes for some of the world’s largest and most profitable mines. SGS has world class experts in mineral processing and hydrometallurgical testing on staff, and this investment ensures SGS will continue to be the pre-eminent source of bankable metallurgical testing in Australia.
This expanded facility complements our global network of 12 metallurgical facilities, further cementing SGS’s position as the trusted source for bankable expertise in metallurgical testing. SGS offers a wide range of bankable services to the minerals sector including geochemical analysis, resource calculation, mineralogy, metallurgy, advanced systems, water treatment and trade services. For further information please visit SGS Mining.
For further information, please contact:
Global Vice President,
Metallurgy and Mineralogy
SGS Minerals Services
1140 Sheppard Avenue West,
Unit 6 Toronto, Ontario,
Canada M3K 2A2
t: +1 416 633 9400
Business Development Manager
SGS Lakefield Oretest Pty Ltd.
431 Victoria Road Malaga
WA 6090, Australia
t: + 61 8 9209 8740
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 70,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,350 offices and laboratories around the world.