By Decree No. 408 dated June 9, 2010 issued by the Government of the Russian Federation, the short name of the Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology has been changed. From now on, Rosstandart will be used as the abbreviation to designate the Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology instead of Rostekhregulirovaniye (in Soviet times known as Gosstandart).
The Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology is included in the system of federal executive bodies of the Russian Federation and falls under the jurisdiction of the Russian Ministry for Industry and Energy. The Agency was established by Decree No. 649 dated May 20, 2004, of the President of the Russian Federation.
The Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology covers the following scope of activities:
- Implementation of functions of the national standardization body
- Ensuring uniformity of measurements
- Accreditation of certification bodies and test laboratories
- State control (supervision) over observation of the requirements of technical regulations and standards
- Creation and maintenance of the federal information database of technical regulations and standards
- Organizational and methodical guidance over maintenance of the federal system of products codification for the federal state needs
- Registration of damnification cases as a result of violation of technical regulation requirements
- Organization and methodical guidance of contests in the field of quality
- Rendering state services in the sphere of standardization, technical regulation and metrology
SGS is accredited by the Russian Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology to provide GOST R Certification and GOST R Declaration services as well as Verification of Conformity against Technical Regulations.
Today, the GOST R Certificate of Conformity is the most common permissive document in Russia, testifying that products meet necessary safety standards. The GOST R certification system concerns the majority of products sold or/and used in Russia, including consumer products, mechanical and electrical goods, industrial equipment for food, chemical, oil and gas, construction and other industries.
About SGS Russian/CIS Certification
SGS Russian/CIS Certification is a service division of the SGS Group – the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. The core activity of SGS Russian/CIS Certification is, through the SGS subsidiaries, to assist its clients in obtaining certificates and other permissive documents required by local regulations and/or local customers. The division’s mission is to facilitate international trade and investments and to enable clients to develop business with Russia and other CIS countries.
Product Certification Coordinator
t: +7 (495) 775 44 55
The SGS Group is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With 59,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,000 offices and laboratories around the world.