SGS Agricultural Services provides inspection services for raw cotton, linters and textile waste packed in the form of bales. The diversity of SGS’ services, combined with traditional inspection, ensures the delivery of services of the highest integrity, and clients consistently receive an accurate, objective and timely inspection.
The Fibre Inspection Services offered by SGS are applicable throughout the course of operations:
- Controlling loading and unloading operations in ports, factories and warehouses
- Weighing and sampling in gin-yards, warehouses, storage areas and spinning mills Cleanliness inspections of containers, warehouses, railcars and trucks
- Verification of the conditions of bales and cleaning and marking of the bales
- Damage surveys, adjustments of country-damaged or fire-damaged bales
- Foreign matter surveys
- Crop assessments and crop damage assessments
- Warehouse inspections to ensure suitability for storing cotton bales and to define risk management for insurance
- Stock verifications, which is applicable to bankers and owners of cargo, in order to verify whether cargo is available and stored correctly
SGS also offers Analysis Services, including the testing of drawn or provided samples. Testing is carried out in special state-of-the-art laboratories that have facilities enabling a wide range of analytical applications including HVI testing, humidity testing and traditional visual cotton classifications.
With an independent network of experts, SGS customers are also given access to global resources in countries involved in production, transfer and consumption.
For more information:
SGS Global Sales Manager
t: (281) 478-8186
The SGS Group is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With more than 56,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,000 offices and laboratories around the world.