SGS Seminar on Third-Party GMP Audit at CPhI India 2008
28 - 30 November 2008, Bombay Exhibition Centre, Mumbai, India
CPhI India 2008 becomes the focus for the world's rapidly expanding pharmaceutical community. This three-day event will attract everyone from manufacturers and purchasers of fine chemicals and pharmaceuticals to solution providers, all in search of the latest industry developments.
On November 29, SGS will hold the following seminar:
Third-Party GMP Audits of API Suppliers and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Subcontractors
Schedule: November 29, 2008 (Saturday)
1:00 - 1:40 pm
Location: CPhI Seminar HallPresenter:Eize de Boer PhD, Global Manager Life Science Auditing (PDF 132KB)
The pharmaceutical industry is faced with increasing legislation and guidance on efficacy, quality, and safety during the entire life cycle of their products. As a result, quality and compliance departments in the sector are expected to control compliance of the entire supply chain, from incoming goods to the delivery of final product to the patient. Therefore, the Qualified Person (QP) and other quality management staffing are increasing their efforts in the area of internal quality and safety self inspections and external vendor qualifications.
Now, SGS is available to assist Quality Management departments in their efforts to control the quality of the medicines they are commercializing, by offering a whole series of third-party auditing tools, to assess compliance at:
- Manufacturers of finished dosages
- Manufacturers of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs)
- Manufacturers of non-active pharmaceutical ingredients (Excipients)
- Manufacturers of raw materials and supplies
- Wholesalers, distributors, forwarders, and third-party warehousing centres
In summary, SGS offers these services:
- Compliance auditing: SGS to assist the QP of the pharmaceutical company and report on the GMP and GDP Quality Management System of the third-party partner
- Gap-auditing: SGS to assist during self inspections to reflect on the company’s internal Quality Management System in relation to GMP and GDP
- Training of quality management departments: SGS is offering a complete series of training in the areas of GMP and GDP
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. Recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity, we employ over 53,000 people and operate a network of more than 1,000 offices and laboratories around the world. SGS is your partner of choice for clinical research services, GMP compliant quality control of biopharmaceuticals from batch release testing, analysis of bulk products, raw material testing, method development & validation, or standard microbiological testing and for GMP audit solutions and for the related training services.
For more information, please contact:
SGS Life Science Services - Quality Control Testing
The SGS Group is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With more than 53,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,000 offices and laboratories around the world.