EU Safety Assessment of Cosmetics
If you are involved in the cosmetic industry as manufacturer of raw materials, preparations or finished products, distributors or downstream users, are your sure your products comply with the applicable requirements of the Cosmetic Directive (76/768/EEC) before placing them onto the markets?
The EU Cosmetic Directive (76/768/EEC) requires a Technical Information File for all cosmetic products. This File should include:
- Composition of the product (qualitative and quantitative)
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and technical files of raw materials
- Location and method of manufacture
- Safety and performance tests
- Safety assessment report, with name and address of qualified person responsible for the assessment
- Identification of all actors, such as manufacturers of raw materials, sub-contractors, etc
Thanks to its global network and expertise, SGS can assist you for the montage of the Technical Information File.
SGS offers a wide range of services to ensure your compliance – Raw materials and finished products:
- Physico-chemical tests (allergens, heavy metals, pesticides, etc)
- Eco-toxicology and biodegradability
- Performance tests
- Validation of Cosmetic Technical Information File by a toxicologist
The safety assessment is the key document for marketing cosmetic products in the EU. SGS helps you ensure that your products reach the market quickly and that they are safe for your customers.
To learn more about how SGS can help you, contact us or visit www.sgs.com/cosmetics.
Consumer Testing Services
t: +33 4 42 61 64 41
The SGS Group is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With more than 53,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,000 offices and laboratories around the world.