SGS is one of the selected two companies by EMRA (Energy Market Regulatory Authority) for Supervision of Natural Gas Distribution Companies. Within this agreement, Natural Gas Distribution Companies which have the Natural Gas Distribution License from EMRA will be supervised on behalf of EMRA under the conditions of the Natural Gas Market Law, Regulations, Notifications, Board Decisions and the rules of this agreement. The results will also be reported to EMRA.
Supervision Principles will be as follows:
- Supervision will be done according to the nomination coordinated by EMRA Natural Gas Market Application Department
- Inspector’s names, inspection subject, time and unit inspection fee will be shown on the Nomination Order which will be given from EMRA
- After the inspection, the report which includes the supervision results will be handed over to EMRA in a week
Supervision scope will cover:
- The design and project of Natural Gas Distribution system
- The installation, testing and commissioning of Natural Gas Steel and Polyethylene line pipes
- The design, installation and testing of Natural Gas RMS A & B type stations
- Mapping, expropriation, infrastructure information and GIS systems
- The installation of Natural Gas service lines and regulators
- Operating of Natural Gas Distribution system
- Natural Gas internal installation applications
- Non-destructive Testing (NDT) Cathodic protection and SCADA applications
- Invoicing and Customer Services
The SGS Group is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With more than 48,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,000 offices and laboratories worldwide.