The labs of SGS Tecnos S.A., Spain & SGS Taiwan have been recently accepted by the IEC onto the IECEE CB Scheme. Thus both these SGS laboratories can now operate as CB Testing Labs and carry out the full range of testing within the CB Scheme.
As a result SGS has now CBTLs in the following locations around the world:
- Guangzhou – China, Hong Kong, Korea, United Kingdom, Finland, Belgium, Spain and Taiwan
The scope of the SGS’s CB Testing covers the following Product Categories and their subsequent standards:
- Household and similar equipment (HOUS)
- Measuring Instruments (MEAS)
- Electrical equipment for medical use (MED)
- IT and office equipment (OFF)
SGS Tecnos received the Certificate of Acceptance to the CB Scheme as a consequence of its full compliance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025: 2005-05, the Basic Rules and Rules of Procedure of IECEE. This Certificate is renewed every three years upon the successful completion of the Reassessment Program administrated by the CB Scheme.