Mining Cyanide Speciation
Cyanide speciation provides important information for industries that require cyanide.
Understanding the exact chemical form of the cyanide that you use can help you:
- Reduce costs and waste by selecting the form most appropriate for your operation
- Design effective treatment strategies
- Assess risks posed by discharge
- Optimize the performance of your technical process
SGS geochemical experts follow globally accepted protocols for cyanide analysis in our state-of-the-art laboratories. These procedures include a range of cyanide speciation tests on cyanide leachates.
Test results can provide important information including total cyanide, free cyanide, weak acid dissociable cyanide, cyanate and thiocyaniate. We can also analyze the barren solution and calculate the cyanide mass balance in your sample.
SGS cyanide speciation tests include:
- Total cyanide
- WAD cyanide
- Transition metal cyanocomplexes
- Free cyanide
SGS is a world leader in geochemical testing, and you can have confidence in our technical excellence and proven expertise. Contact us when you need accurate, globally recognized geochemical test results.