Logistics Trade Inspection
Trade inspection services from SGS help to ensure efficient operations and monitor regulatory compliance.
The supervision of bulk and cargo movements - measuring both the quantities involved and the quality of each parcel - remains a basic trade requirement in business. However, the methodologies and techniques in use have developed over the years. Effective loss control and the preservation of cargo quality using standard trade methodologies alongside our innovative procedures, local knowledge and technical support is the primary goal of this service set.
Trade inspection services from a world leader
We continue to develop innovative methodologies to allow measurements to be made and validated and to allow trade facilitation, while at the same time complying with a changed environment and the various technologies in use around the world.
In a world where trade is always dynamic, we help you to make your trade a success. Our global network has been working to monitor and facilitate trade for many decades, setting the standard in inspection and analysis.
What our trade inspection services offer
Our trade inspection services include, in the oil, gas and chemical sectors:
- Measurement of volumes and weights ashore and on board tankers
- Sampling of oil, gas and chemical cargoes
- Inventory measurement of oil, gas and chemicals
- Laboratory analysis of bulk hydrocarbon cargoes
- Pipeline measurement of bulk hydrocarbon deliveries
- Preparation of inspectors reports to be used with Letters of Credit
- Suitability inspections of shore tanks before rental or use
- Supervision of lightering and other ship to ship transfers
- Bunker surveys
- On hire and off hire surveys
- FPSO and blend ship supervision
- Blend supervision of gasoline, fuel oil and LPG blends
In the agriculture sector:
- Cleanliness inspections
- Damage survey
- Draft survey
- On site grading
- Loading and discharge supervision
- Metering services
- Tank calibration
- Inspection for contractual purposes (e.g. FOSFA, GAFTA)
Our experts sit on industry standards bodies helping to develop, update and amend industry norms with the trade bodies.
Find out how SGS can support the smooth running of your operations.