CE-marking services from SGS – meet the compulsory product safety directives you need to trade in the EU with effective conformity assessment services from a notified body.
If you want to trade in the EU, CE-marking is a mandatory conformity mark required for a wide variety of products. CE-marking indicates that your products comply with stringent EU product safety directives. However, achieving compliance can be a complex process. As a notified body for nearly all EU product safety directives, our CE-marking conformity assessment services provide you with the expertise you need to achieve compliance.
Why use CE-marking conformity assessment services from SGS?
Whether you need assistance for the entire process or guidance for certain parts, we can help you:
- Achieve compliance, offering you practical suggestions, as well as advice and guidance
- Determine which EU directives and standards apply to your products
- Define your responsibilities under EU product safety directives
- Understand the concept of diverse certification and the various steps that are required
- Identify whether a notified body (NoBo) is required to enable you to achieve compliance
Trusted CE-marking conformity assessment services from a leading supplier
As the world’s leading certification, testing, inspection and verification company, we offer you unrivaled experience in EU requirements. Plus, as a notified body for nearly all EU product safety directives, we are the first choice for clients around the world who need trusted CE-marking services.
As a result of our knowledge and expertise, we can offer you more than just a regular certification service. We can provide you with extensive support and advice, enabling you to take ownership of the product certification process, so that your company will gain new expertise.
Our CE-marking conformity assessment services include:
- Advice on the CE-marking process
- Conformity assessment
- Verification of design
- Type approval
- System audit and approval
- File and document assessment
- Production supervision and sample testing
- CE audits and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing
- Workshops and training
- Risk analysis and assessment
- Technical files
- User manual and instruction card assessment
- Identification of interpretation issues
- Issuing your EC declaration of conformity
- Issuing your certificate of verification
Contact us today to find out how our CE-marking services can help you reach the EU market.
CE-marking for Traction and Rolling Stock (T&RS)
We were one of the first NoBos in the UK and the first in Europe to issue a CE certificate of conformity for rolling stock. As a result, we offer you unsurpassed expertise when it comes to providing conformity assessment services for all aspects of your Traction and Rolling Stock (T&RS).
Our EU NoBO services for T&RS include:
- Statutory assessments for compliance with European Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSI) for any type of rolling stock vehicle or train (System) and any type of Interoperable Constituent (IC)
- Issuing relevant certificates and technical files to support completed assessments and applications for placing rolling stock in service or constituents on the market
- Guidance, interpretation and support during assessment by other NoBos, acting as a technically competent partner to reduce your project risks
- Legislative advice and support for projects in all phases, including feasibility, design, production, and placing into service
Contact us to find out more about CE marking for rolling stock.