Logistics Fumigation Services
SGS’s fumigation services prevent the spread of pests and minimize the risk of damage to your goods.
We perform fumigation services – including the treatment of cargoes loaded into sea-going vessels, barges and containers – in ports and logistics centers worldwide. Accordingly, these services comply with stringent national and international legislation, with best practice and with globally agreed quality and safety standards.
Our fumigation and pest management services – which are effective and reliable at all stages of the supply chain – include:
- Fumigation of stored goods
- Fumigation of bagged and bulk agricultural commodities (e.g. cereals, cocoa, coffee, peanuts, pulses, tobacco) in silos, stacks and warehouses
- Fumigation during or prior to shipment
- Disinfection of empty holds
- Denaturation and coloration
- Fumigation of cargos loaded in barges and other vessels, containers, trains and trucks
- Biocide treatment of cargoes
- Treatment of agricultural commodities against insects and mites
- Disinfection and fumigation for the food and beverage industry (e.g. breweries, flour mills, malt houses)
- Pre-shipment treatment of wooden packaging materials (e.g. crates, dunnage, pallets, lashings) according to International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures-15 (ISPM-15)
- Quarantine fumigation of wood and timber, to obtain a phytosanitary certificate
- Ventilation and gas-free measurement
If you want to minimize your trade risks through worldwide protection of your agricultural commodities, contact SGS now.