Logistics Health and Environmental Radiation Consultancy
Health and environmental radiation consultancy services from SGS – minimize risk from exposure to radiation to ensure compliance with workplace and environmental regulations
Protecting your workplace and the environment from ionizing radiation sources can be a challenging and complex task. Sources of radiation must be well monitored and properly handled. SGS consultancy services can help you to ensure that radiation levels comply with radiation regulations, standards and practices.
Why choose health and environmental radiation consultancy from SGS?
We provide organizations in the health, environmental and medical fields with radiological measurement and radiation protection consultancy services. Our assessments and audits, provided by experts in the field of radiation measurement, ensure that radiation devices comply with legislation and are fit for continued use. Organizations that use radioactive sources and radiation apparatus can benefit from our practical, high quality and cost effective solutions, which can be tailored for specific situations.
Health physics services
Monitoring radiation sources and minimizing radiation doses will help you to ensure staff safety and peace of mind and comply with applicable legislation.
- Compliance assessments of sealed source devices and irradiating apparatus to regulatory standards
- Characterization and identification of ionizing radiation sources
- Conditioning and packaging of sealed-source capsules
- Advice on the disposal of radioactive material
- Design of shielding for medical X-ray facilities, non-destructive testing facilities and localized source containment
- Decontamination assessments and management
- Long-term storage plans for radiation sources
- Radiation management plans
- Assistance with transporting radioactive materials
Environmental physics services
We provide a range of environmental services for clients arising from applications such as mining and mineral processing and general radioactive waste management.
- Environmental radiation surveys
- Advice on the safe handling of naturally occurring radioactive materials (NORM)
- Analyses for the determination of radioactivity concentrations for specific radionuclide content in environmental samples or in samples of industrial process or waste materials
- Radon monitoring services for applications such as gas stream analysis and environmental radon in air
Specialized services include:
- Detailed assessments of contaminated sites
- Assessments for environmental effects or impact statements
- Safety assessments of radioactive waste management options
These services cover aspects of any assessment, from field measurements and sampling to exposure pathway analysis and health impact evaluation.
Medical physics services
Our skilled physicists have experience in managing risks of radiation exposure that are unique to the medical field. We help health providers and medical institutions to ensure safety through:
- Quality assurance testing of radiographic medical imaging equipment
- Regulatory compliance audits of medical imaging, nuclear medicine and research departments
- Shielding calculations of diagnostic X-ray rooms and radiotherapy bunkers
- Calculation of medical radiation doses and advice on associated risk
- Radiation safety training
- Preparation and review of radiation management plans and procedures
Unrivaled experience in health, safety and environmental testing and inspection
With a global network of experts and state-of-the-art facilities, we have the resources and expertise to ensure that your materials, equipment and processes are safe and comply with legislative requirements.
Contact us to learn how our health and environmental radiation consultancy can help you to minimize risks from exposure to radiation.