Within a food processing facility, the PCQI is crucial to the management and preparation of the food safety plan, validation of preventive controls and more. You can become a PCQI for animal food by successfully completing our specialized training.
Why choose FSPCA Preventive Controls Qualified Individuals (PCQI) Animal Food training from SGS?
This preventive controls on animal food training course includes training developed by the FSPCA and uses an FDA-recognized standard curriculum. Students will take part in class discussions, interactive group workshop exercises, individual learning activities and information sessions. On successful completion of the course, you will qualify as a PCQI for animal food and gain your official FSPCA PCQI certificate issued by the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO).The course is aimed at those who wish to demonstrate that they meet the training requirements for PCQI Animal Food. It is designed for those who:
- Prepare food safety plans
- Validate preventive controls
- Review records
- Perform reanalysis of food safety plans
- Perform other relevant activities as appropriate to the food
Course topics include:
- Regulation overview; food safety plan overview
- Good manufacturing practices and other prerequisite programs (PRPs)
- Biological food safety hazards
- Chemical, physical and economically motivated food safety hazards
- Preliminary steps in developing a food safety plan
- Resources for food safety plans
- Hazard analysis and preventive controls determination
- Process preventive controls
- Sanitation preventive controls
- Supply chain preventive controls
- Verification and validation procedures
- Record keeping procedures
- Recall plan; FSPCA Regulation
It is recommended that students taking this course have prior knowledge of GMPs, HACCP or experience with animal food safety management systems.
- Duration: 3 days
- Accreditation: FSPCA, AFDO
- Delivery methodology: face to face, instructor-led virtual (online) training
After completing your training you will receive an official FSPCA PCQI certificate, issued by the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO).
Trusted food safety training from a leading course provider
As a leader in professional food safety training, we have in-depth knowledge of the standardized curriculum recognized by the FDA. We draw on years of global training experience to support you on your professional journey.
To find out more about our PCQI Animal Food training, contact us today.