Producing palm oil for food and non-food purposes has increased rapidly over the last 20 years.
With this comes a growing concern over the sustainability of palm oil cultivation and how production impacts local populations.
In response, leading stakeholders and NGOs formed the RSPO in 2004 to provide a model for responsible palm oil plantation management. The RSPO is a volunteer organization that unites the major groups associated with palm oil production – producers, processors or traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks and investors, and environmental and social NGOs.
RSPO certification from SGS helps you to confirm compliance throughout your supply chain.
Why choose RSPO certification from SGS?
We provide RSPO audits and certification, analyzing your policies and processes to help you demonstrate:
- Adherence to palm oil best practices
- Compliance with local and international laws and regulations
- Commitment to long-term economic and financial variability
- Environmental responsibility, including conserving natural resources and biodiversity
- Responsible consideration for employees and the community impacted by cultivation or production
- Responsible management of new plantings
- Commitment to continuous improvement
Trusted RSPO services from a world-leading certification provider
As a world-leading provider of certification services, we offer over 100 years of experience as respected agricultural product certifiers. Our global, multi-disciplinary network of experts can help you to ensure that your entire supply chain aligns with the RSPO standard.
We provide comprehensive, transparent RSPO certification for large and small palm oil producers and processors, as well as anyone who benefits from sustainable palm oil worldwide.
By certifying your operation against RSPO requirements, you gain a competitive edge by providing proof of your understanding and acceptance of the standard.