More than ever, financial institutions and project sponsors are under pressure for a perceived lack of transparency and risk management concerning social and environmental responsibility. By adopting the Equator Principles, the financial industry has social and environmental benchmarks for managing financial projects.
We offer a comprehensive Equator Principles assessment, including a voluntary credit risk management framework and social and environmental risk assessment guidelines for the projects you finance.
Why choose an Equator Principles assessment from SGS?
We enable you to:
- Ensure that the projects you finance meet specified social and environmental requirements
- Adopt an Equator Principles management system that includes a minimum internal standard of due diligence and responsible project financial evaluation
- Demonstrate to banks, sponsors, investors, government agencies and other stakeholders your commitment to environmentally and socially responsible project financing
Equator Principles assessment from a trusted world-leader
As the world’s leading certification, testing, verification and inspection company, we provide in-depth expertise in Equator Principles requirements. We offer extensive experience in project finance and global regulations concerning environmental and social responsibilities.
Our assessment verifies how your organization addresses 10 principles:
- Project review and categorization
- Social and environmental assessment
- Applicable social and environmental standards
- Action plan and management system
- Stakeholder engagement
- Grievance mechanism
- Independent review
- Independent monitoring and reporting
- Equator Principles Financial Institutions (EPFI) reporting
Partner with us to show your dedication to environmentally and socially responsible project financing.