ISO/PAS 45005 is the international standard for managing risks arising from COVID-19. Its goal is to ensure that organizations protect work-related health, safety and well-being during the pandemic.
While many national governments and industry associations have developed guidelines for reducing the risk of COVID-19 transmission, ISO/PAS 45005 brings together international best practices for occupational health and safety (OH&S) and infection control to protect against the SARS-CoV-2 virus. It applies to any organization, whether they have been operating throughout the pandemic, are resuming or planning to resume operations, or are starting operations for the first time.
The standard covers several aspects, including:
- Emergency preparedness and response protocols
- Steps to minimize COVID-19 transmission
- Reporting procedures
Achieving ISO/PAS 45005 certification will enable you to:
- Demonstrate your commitment to protecting your workplace from COVID-19
- Comply with OH&S and infection control best practices, based on the combined knowledge of experts around the world
- Minimize the risk of workplace infection from other communicable diseases, such as colds and flu
- Ensure business continuity
- Build confidence in your organization
- Support several UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Aligning with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
ISO/PAS 45005 contributes to UN Sustainable Development Goals 3, 8, 9, 10 and 11.
How can SGS help?
We can support you as you navigate the road to ISO/PAS 45005 certification. An audit from SGS, with benchmarking and gap analysis, will show you how close you are to compliance and what changes must be made before your organization can become certified.
We are a world leader in auditing services, with a global network of auditors known for their thorough and detailed approach.
Contact us to learn more about ISO/PAS 45005 certification audits.