Meet the testing challenges of oil exploration and production with our FluidPro™ portable analytical laboratories (PAL) and FluidPro PAL™ JR.
We provide customized solutions covering restorations and transfers, Pressure-Volume-Temperature (PVT) analysis, reservoir fluid oil-based mud contamination evaluations, reservoir water evaluations and trace impurities of all reservoir fluid phases.
The FluidPro portable analytical laboratory is a PVT and production chemistry laboratory equipped with field sampling equipment and staffed by certified PVT chemists. Fitted with equipment and instrumentation equivalent to that found in most fixed laboratories, each unit is DNV certified for A60/Zone 1 applications and is designed to operate in the harshest of environments.
Why choose SGS FluidPro PAL?
FluidPro PAL enables you to:
- Gain your own dedicated, customizable facility for PVT studies, production chemistry, sampling services and high pressure/high temperature fluid transfer services
- Benefit from a mobile laboratory wherever you need it – on-platform, at a centralized shore base or as a standalone remote facility
- Minimize the costs associated with cylinder rental and transportation.
- Eliminate the usual turnaround times involved in shipping HazMat samples
- Avoid the lengthy backlogs commonly associated with fixed laboratories
SGS FluidPro PAL JR
SGS FluidPro PAL JR is a portable sample restoration, transfer and analysis laboratory. It is equipped to produce high-quality compositional analysis of live fluids and oil-based mud contamination (OBM) measurements within hours of receiving the samples topside.
This small-footprint lab is easily transported to the platform, completely safety-certified (Zone 1) and equipped with the latest laboratory technologies for analyzing even the toughest of samples.
Supported by SGS Expertise
As the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company, all of our portable laboratories come supported by SGS expertise. With each lab, we supply third-party certified PVT chemists who must pass a rigorous internal training program to become a FluidPro operator. All mobile laboratories are also monitored by a highly experienced QA/QC team.
We also offer an independent service for testing the quality of open-hole samples – samples that have enormous impact on your initial reserve estimates, tie-back and subsea designs and your FPSO build-out. Satellite communications (where permitted) and electronic data transfer mean a quick turnaround for cost-saving decisions on wells located in even the most remote areas around the world.
Standard capabilities include the following and a deliverable solution can be customized on a project-by-project basis:
- Measured reservoir fluid (PVT) studies
- Extended compositional analyses
- Production chemistry
- 0-Flash, extended compositional analyses
- 0-Flash, brine basic chemistry
- Wellhead, separator, BHS Sampling
- High-pressure restoration and fluid transfer
- Length of stain measurements (Drager Kit)
- Solids onset
- Sample quality assessment of downhole or surface samples
- Selection of the most suitable sample(s)
- Hydrocarbon and brine composition
- Mathematical and physical recombination
- Constant composition expansion (CCE)
- Differential liberation experiment (DLE)
- Constant volume depletion (CVD)
- Pressurized fluid viscosities
- Multi-stage separator test
- 0-Flash oil shrinkage/allocation test
- Flow assurance screening tests
- Solubility-Swelling studies
- Multi-Contact and revaporization studies
Oil and condensate properties:
- Basic sediment and water (BS&W) (conforms to ASTM, IP, API, ISO, DIN and NF M methods)
- Karl Fisher water content (conforms to ASTM, IP, API, BS and ISO methods)
- Molecular weight by freezing point depression
- Oil pH and TAN by digital titration
- Moisture content by hygrometer (optional)
- Stain tube measurements to client specifications
- Radon/mercury content (optional)
- Mercury content in oil or gas
- Full brine chemistry by IC
- Brine preservation kit
- Trace sulfur speciation (GC-FPD)
- Mercaptans, total sulfur, etc.
- Additional kit is available on request