Wet chemistry, or general chemistry, describes a wide-range of classical chemical analyses, including:
- Combustion techniques
SGS wet chemistry testing
SGS offers a wide variety of analyses, including tests for:
- A range of solids determinations including total solids (TS), total suspended solids (TSS) and total dissolved solids (TDS)
- Hexavalent chromium
- Total organic carbon
We also offer several leaching procedures to characterize solid and waste material for disposal. These include:
- Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP)
- Synthetic Precipitation Leaching Procedure (SPLP)
- Soluble Threshold Limit Concentration (STLC)
- Other country or region-specific methods
We also perform physical tests including grain size, density, viscosity, flashpoint, etc.
Why choose SGS?
Wet chemistry testing is increasingly becoming automated. We have the latest equipment and instruments to provide reliable and efficient analysis of substances.
Many tests require specific preservative and relatively short holding times, meaning coordination between laboratory and field work is vital. With over 6,000 environmental scientists all over the world, backed up an unrivaled network of accredited laboratories, we provide an efficient, co-ordinated service all around the globe.
To learn more about wet chemistry testing, contact your local SGS office.