PFAS (per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances) are a diverse group of chemicals that, due to persistence in the environment, represent a significant threat to the ecosystem and human health. They occur in a wide range of consumer products, including firefighting foams (AFFF), stain resistant fabrics, carpet and paper treatments, and chrome plating.
Benefits of SGS PFAS testing services
We are world leaders in the analysis of PFAS. Testing services can be used in combination with our innovative Total Oxidizable Precursor (TOPS) analysis to provide an accurate and precise measurement of the potential for environmental contamination.
Working with SGS will give your business access to:
- Appropriate analyte lists
- Isotope dilution and recovery connection
- Multi-matrix compatibility
- Accuracy and precision independent of concentration
- Carefully researched and validated sample handling
- Fit-for-purpose options
- Large capacity
We offer analysis for a range of substances, including:
- Perfluoroalkyl carboxylic acids
- Perfluoroalkyl sulfonates
- Perfluorooctane sulfonamide
- Perfluorooctane sulfonamidoacetic acids
- Perfluorooctane sulfonamide ethanols
- Fluorotelomer sulfonates
Why choose SGS?
With facilities accredited to ISO, Australian, European and US standards, and experts covering every region of the globe, we are the number one choice for accurate, innovative solutions to PFAS testing. Whether you require rapid turnaround times, short-list remediation analysis or wider investigations of tissue and serum matrices, we have the capabilities to ensure your project is accurately and efficiently completed.
Contact your local SGS office for more information on PFAS testing.