Benefits of Multiphase Tracer-Based Technology
Join our webinar to learn about the benefits of multiphase tracer-based technology.
July 8, 2020, 10:30
July 8, 2020, 11:30
As operators are faced with reduced oil and gas prices, the requirement to perform regulatory or routine production testing for reporting and reservoir management purposes still remains. Whereas portable test separator packages are deployed in many fields, the innovative application of existing alternate technologies for gathering production testing data can lead to cost savings, decreased operational equipment and personnel requirements, and a reduction in the environmental footprint. One of these technology applications is multiphase tracer-based production testing (multiphase tracer technique, or MPTT).
At the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental principles of tracer-based flow rate measurements
- Understand the application of MPTT as a production testing methodology
- Understand the application of MPTT as a MPFM/WGM validation and tuning tool
- Understand the application of multi-phase PVT Sampling and the analysis requirements that most MPFMs/WGMs require for their flow computer input
- Apply learnings from case studies, involving both applications, that could benefit your business
This webinar will cover:
- Principles of tracer dilution measurements and multiphase sampling
- Objectives and application of MPTT as a production testing alternative
- Objectives and application of MPTT with PVT as a MPFM/WGM validation and tuning tool
- Case studies
At SGS, we have over 25 years’ experience in multiphase flow measurement and verification techniques, along with specialized sampling and PVT analysis experience and similar global experience in standard and advanced full-bore based production testing techniques. This enables us to provide our clients with optimal solutions so they can meet their required objectives without sacrificing data quality and remaining as sustainable as possible.
Reservoir and subsurface, production, metering, operations, process engineering disciplines, production technologists, production and asset managers.
SGS – Simon Chew, Wet Gas Metering Business Manager, Upstream Services
Simon has over 20 years of experience developing specialized fluid sampling, analysis, wet and dry innovative metering technology and metering related PVT study services along with isokinetic CGR measurement systems. He has experience in well testing applications, flow troubleshooting applications and meter verification solutions. He is currently based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and leads our innovative multiphase tracer services in South East Asia.