AFI Annual Food Import Convention
SGS will present its extensive range of services for food importers and foreign suppliers at the AFI Annual Food Import Convention from April 11-13 in Austin, Texas.
April 11, 2019, 09:00
April 13, 2019, 19:30
Austin, United States
SGS will present its extensive range of services for US food importers at the AFI Annual Food Importers Convention from April 11-13 at the Westin Austin Downtown, Austin, Texas.
The Association of Food Industries, Inc. is a nonprofit trade association incorporated since 1906 in New York State. It pursues the diverse interests of the membership, which includes the importers of nuts and agricultural products and their suppliers abroad; the importers of processed foods and their suppliers abroad; packers and dealers of honey; importers and marketers of olive oil; and companies that provide services to the food industry.
US food importers rely on the AFI Annual Convention to stay current on issues and happenings in the food import industry and to stay connected with their industry colleagues. This convention is absolutely packed with informative content – important information vital to all professionals in the US food import business.
SGS Food Technical Manager, Jennifer Lott, will participate on an experts panel to discuss food safety risk assessment relating to mergers and acquisitions.
With unrivaled expertise in testing, inspection and certification and a global network of testing laboratories and inspection centers, SGS can help companies worldwide ensure that suppliers meet essential quality, safety and sustainability requirements.
- Accredited GFSI Food Certification including BRC, IFS, FSSC 22000 and SQF
- Customized food audit programs and food defense audits
- FSMA VQIP and FSVP certification, training, audit and consulting services
- Social, ethical and sustainability audits
- Authenticity audits and testing: Gluten-free and Kosher certification
- DNA-NGS testing for food fraud and key contaminants
- Food authenticity - geographic origin and authenticity by isotopic fingerprinting
- Transparency-One, supply chain transparency solution
- Digicomply, regulatory intelligence network
- Risk mitigation advisory services
- Support and systems for regulatory compliance
- Full range of physical, chemical and microbiological testing services
- Food label reviews
- Wide range of food technical training courses and tailored programs
For more information, please contact:
Global Marketing Manager
t: +1 973 461 1498