Farnborough International Airshow 2018
Join us at the 2018 Farnborough International Airshow and Trade Exhibition and learn about our solutions for the aerospace and aviation industries.
July 16, 2018
July 20, 2018
Farnborough, United Kingdom
FIA is a week-long biennial event that combines a major trade exhibition for the aerospace industry with a public airshow. It caters to aerospace companies around the world and features a diverse range of exhibitors from core sectors of the industry: space, civil, military, manufacturing technology, rotary, and maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO).
This year, a number of new features will offer networking opportunities for visitors and exhibitors with interests in emerging sectors. The exhibition’s Space, Aerospace 4.0 and Innovation zones will provide platforms for showcasing the developing technology used within these sectors through company exhibits, product briefings, conferences and demonstrations.
Our experts will be at Booth #2536, where you can find out about our specialized services.
We can help your aviation or aerospace business to run safely and reliably, completing projects on time and on budget, while complying with industry regulations, standards and legislation. We support industry stakeholders throughout the value chain, from engineering and production to assembly and maintenance:
From our state-of-the-art laboratories, which are ISO 17025 approved and in the process of obtaining NADCAP approval, we provide all sectors of the aerospace and defense industries with:
- Characterization of materials and coatings
- Weld/braze joint testing
- Low/high temperature and specialized mechanical testing, such as CTOD, stress rupture, fatigue, and validation testing of fasteners, bolts, etc.
- Destructive and non-destructive testing for paints and materials, electrical and mechanical components, fuels and oils, and vehicles and engines
- Fire and flammability testing
- Selection of materials and coating systems for aerospace
- Testing of thermal barrier coatings, layers and components
- Analysis of high temperature materials, e.g. for use in turbine blades
- Surface contamination and corrosion analysis
- Developing a method of selecting materials to minimize environmental impact
- In-depth material failure analysis of engine and airframe components
We have extensive experience testing aviation fuels, including Jet A1 and Aviation Gasoline, in the UK. We hold contracts to provide certification of fuels for several companies, including CLH, Kuwait Aviation and Essar. In 2015 our UK laboratories tested over 2,000 aviation fuel samples, in compliance with laboratory requirements as detailed in EI/ JIG 1530.
Learn more about SGS services for the aerospace and aviation industries.
We look forward to meeting you at Booth #2536.
For further information, please contact:
UK Business Development Manager
t: +44 773 4058857