Live Webinar: Clothing Storage Stability
Join our live webinar on May 31 to learn about the tip-over hazard of clothing storage and the means to address the risks.
May 31, 2018
May 31, 2018
The objective of this webinar (45-minute presentation/15-minute Q&A) is to educate viewers on ASTM F2057 “Standard Safety Specification for Clothing Storage Units”. The webinar addresses the following main topics:
- Scope, requirements and test methods contained in ASTM F2057
- Changes included in the 2017 edition
- Background on the hazard of clothing storage tip-over
- Scope of products applicable and not applicable to the standard
- What is required for an ASTM F2057 and ASTM E3096 complaint tip-over restraint
- Overview of how the stability test procedures are executed
- Information that is mandatory for a ASTM F2057 compliant label
- 2017 updates: Inclusion of pictorial warning label and label permanency
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has been engaged in an awareness campaign relating to the dangers of children climbing storage furniture. ASTM F2057 was originally established in 2000 as a voluntary standard aimed at reducing the rate of fatal incidents associated with the tip-over of free-standing clothing storage items 30 inches and taller. While it is not a mandatory safety standard, the CPSC does strongly recommend adherence to ASTM F2057 and it has been referenced in recent high-profile recalls for unstable furniture.
Matthew McGarrity – Senior Technical Manager, Hardlines
Matthew is currently Hardlines Technical Manager at the Consumer and Retail division at SGS North America Inc. He has been at SGS for eight years and consults on regulatory, industry requirements, and quality testing for furniture. Matthew is a member of the SGS Furniture Safety Committee and is active in several furniture industry standard development technical committees such as BIFMA and ASTM.
This webinar is aimed at manufacturers, distributors, and retailers of clothing storage units.
Cost: No Charge
Thursday May 31, 2018
17:00, Europe Time (Paris, GMT+01:00)
11:00, Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-05:00)
23:00, China Time (Beijing, GMT+08:00)
For further information, please contact:
Global Marketing Manager
t: +33 4 42 61 64 46