ASTA was founded in 1907 and represents the interests of approximately 175 members including companies that grow, dehydrate, and process spices. ASTA members manufacture and market the majority of spices sold in the U.S. for industrial, food service and consumer use. This is the premier annual event for the association. ASTA attendees represent the entire spice industry, including brokers, distributors, growers, traders, importers, manufacturers, suppliers and users of spices in finished food products, and many more.
Join us at the pre-conference workshop on Economically Motivated Adulteration where our expert Jennifer Lott will review GFSI Auditing Schemes and Food Fraud.
Time: 2:34pm-3:15pm on Sunday, April 1
With unrivaled expertise in spice testing, inspection and certification and a global network of testing laboratories and inspection centers, SGS can help companies worldwide ensure that spice suppliers meet essential quality, safety and sustainability requirements.
- Accredited GFSI Food Certification including BRC, IFS, FSSC 22000 and SQF
- Customized food audit programs and food defense audits
- FSMA training, audit and consulting services
- Social, ethical and sustainability audits
- Authenticity audits and testing:
- Gluten-free, Halal and Kosher certification
- DNA-NGS testing for food fraud and key contaminants
- Transparency-One, supply chain transparency solution
- Digicomply, regulatory intelligence network
- Risk mitigation advisory services
- Support and systems for regulatory compliance
- Full range of physical, chemical and microbiological testing services
- Food label reviews
- Wide range of food technical training courses and tailored programs
Talk to an SGS expert, visit us at booth #14.
For more information contact:
Global Marketing Manager
t: +1 973 461 1498