SGS is proud to sponsor and exhibit at the 5th Commercial Farm Africa. Be sure not to miss Cobus Burger speak on how data and imagery in agriculture can improve yield, efficiency and sustainability.
Sustainability in agriculture is increasing in importance as the industry is impacted by rising production costs, fluctuating product costs and/or prices and food security requirements, as well as customer demand for better quality/healthier products. Meeting this challenge requires farming enterprises to cut costs, increase production and become more effective, though this task is impossible without definite detail.
This year’s event will focus on topics such as:
- Where are the next hot spots for Africa’s agri investment?
- Innovative technologies to drive farm productivity and access to markets
- Sustainable farm investments and operation case studies
- Focus: rice, soya, fruits, palm, bioenergy crops, sugar, wheat, corn, tea/coffee
- Access to affordable input materials amid market consolidation
- Improving soil health and nutrients management
- Financing agri projects and options
- Closing the gap in energy-infrastructure link
Our precision farming services equip farm managers with the detailed information required to make better decisions and maximize productivity. These include:
- Soil chemical mapping – variable rate application of lime/gypsum
- Leaf sampling
- Crop inspections
- Yield data interpretation
- Analysis of macro and trace elements
- Water analysis
- Satellite imagery/NDVI
- Soil potential (different crops) for variability management in fields
- Tillage methods (depth and type)
- Fertilizer recommendations (variable rate application)
- Project development (irrigation, orchards and feasibility studies)
- Drainage evaluation
- Effective root depth and water capacity
- Zone management for VRT fertilizing (classification, chemical soil sampling and yield data interpretation)
With unrivaled experience in the field of precision farming, our consultants offer you more than 20 years experience. Delivering a one-stop-shop service we offer only the most relevant and up-to-date advice on precision agriculture techniques and methods.
We look forward to meeting you in Dar es Salaam. Learn more about the 5th Commercial Farm Africa.