Cybersecurity training, gap analysis, security reviews, assessments and testing services for consumer IoT devices.
Cybersecurity is key to the rapidly expanding consumer IoT market. Baseline security requirements for consumer IoT devices have been defined and issued in standards by numerous organizations. Recent regulations, such as the EU Cybersecurity Act, the GDPR, the California Consumer Privacy Act and state bills across the US are putting pressure on manufacturers and retailers to act.
We offer training, gap analysis, security reviews, assessments and testing services, starting in the early design phases of a product and along its complete life cycle. Our solutions help manufacturers to confirm that their solutions are adequately cybersecure, and enable both manufacturers and retailers to develop their cybersecurity capabilities over time.
Why choose consumer IoT cybersecurity from SGS?
We help you:
- Confirm the cybersecurity of your hardware and software for mobile apps and IoT backend platforms and business processes, such as Secure Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Gain cybersecurity gap analysis, security reviews, assessments and testing services, starting in the early design phases of a product and along its complete life cycle
- Meet the requirements of cybersecurity standards and regulations for IoT device
In addition, our "IOT-Security Checked" program provides a leveled security and conformity assessment concept for consumer IoT devices accompanied by a product labeling program. The approach considers the risk exposure of the intended use and offers adequate assurance levels in line with international regulations. The program allows manufacturers and retailers to not only generate conformity proof points, but also to market their investment in cybersecurity.
Consumer IoT cybersecurity training
We offer consumer IoT cybersecurity training, such as:
- Cybersecurity for consumer IoT manufacturers, introducing the current market situation, and covering incidents, threats and risks, regulations, standards and best practices
- Secure Hardware/Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Secure design and coding principles, security assessment and testing
- Communication and network security
Consumer IoT cybersecurity assessments
Our consumer IoT cybersecurity assessments include:
- Gap assessments and design reviews for hardware, software, mobile apps and IoT backend platforms
- Asset-based vulnerability analysis
- Security assessment and testing services against standards such as ETSI EN 303 645 or NISTIR 8259A
- Attack landscape monitoring services for tested products
Consumer IoT cybersecurity certification
We provide consumer IoT cybersecurity certification, such as:
- Leveled security and conformity assessment program M0 - M3 covering cybersecurity standards such as ETSI EN 303 645 or NISTIR 8259A, as well as GDPR requirements
- Sample test program R0 - R2 for retailers
- IOT-Security Checked product labeling program
- Re-assessments and re-certifications for products in the field
- SESIP security evaluation and certification governed by GlobalPlatform
- LINCE security evaluation and certification (governed by CCN, Spain)
- BSZ security evaluation and certification (governed by BSI, Germany - in preparation)
- ARM PSA
As leading cybersecurity experts, our state-of-the-art SGS cyberlabs around the world provide you with trusted, impartial testing, verification and certification solutions to help you meet the challenges of cybersecurity.