HSC Get Ready Corner
Thank you for your interest in the SGS Hazardous Substance Control (HSC) Workshop.
HSC is a pioneering workshop developed by SGS to train personnel and professionals in the textile supply chain to advance the industry’s knowledge and best practices in chemical management. This site provides step-to-step guidance to start your journey to becoming an HSC trained professional.
1. Access the pre-training reading materials
This site provides you with all the pre-training reading materials. It is important for applicants to be aware that the content of the pre-training reading serves as the knowledge foundation on which the HSC workshop is built. Our trainers will go through materials and knowledge that are beyond the pre-training reading during the workshop. You are encouraged to prepare and ask questions on areas in the pre-training reading materials that are not clear to you.
Access the pre-training reading materials
- AFIRM RSL
- AAFA RSL
- ZDHC MRSL 2015 version
- ZDHC MRSL, Functions and Best Practices of SDS, Chemical Labelling, Chemical Risks Communication
- GHS and Chemical Hazards (The latest 2015 version)
- Annex II on MSDS and Article 31 of REACH regulation (EC No. 1907/2006)
- Safe Use of Chemical, Transfer and Storage at the Facility, PPE Selection, Emergency Response
- Hazards and Risks, Risk Assessment, Risk Control Hierarchy
- Types of Environmental Impact Mitigation Measures, Wastewater Treatment and Monitoring
- Best Available Techniques in Textile Industry
2. Online Pre-Assessment
After completion of the pre-training reading, applicants are required to complete an online pre-assessment within a specified timeframe. This will inform us about your current knowledge of chemical management and serve as a baseline against which we will be able to benchmark your performance before and after the workshop.