Consumer Goods and Retail Product Performance Testing
Are your product claims accurate? SGS’s product performance testing ensures you make only product claims that are supported by scientific evidence.
Performance testing enables the functionality, usability, durability and performance of products to be measured, compared and evaluated. These figures can be used to inform the development and fine tuning of existing and new products. With a long history of consumer goods testing we understand the potential weak points of products and can help you to make improvements.
We conduct performance tests against the standards applicable to your market. In addition, we can tailor performance testing services to meet manufacturer or retailer specific requirements.
Supporting product claims and improving the efficiency and quality of your detergent and household care products, performance tests conducted in our laboratories include:
- Fitness for use
- Antistatic effect
- Olfactory intensity (laundry dishwashing, toilet care products etc)
- Product lifespan (toilet rim blocks)
- Cleaning and stain removals (laundry care products)
- Fabric bleaching and softening effect (laundry care products)
- Color anti-transfer (wipes for textiles)
- Piercing, tensile strength, thickness, degree of impregnation (wipes)
- Rinsing (rinse aid for automatic dishwashing detergents)
- Grease removal
- Lime scale removal
- Drop test
- Sealing test
In addition to the performance tests done in laboratories, we conduct product evaluations via consumer panel and expert grading services.
Our independent, third party, verification of your commitment to quality will build your brand image and boost confidence amongst clients and consumers.